Monday 20 June 2011

The blog you have when you are not having a blog

The no time blog

I am about to run out the door to go and pick up my daughter from dancing, so being on here is the last thing I should be doing, but, oh well.  My addictive nature is taking over.  Adrian and the kids laugh at my blogging.  Any time I am on the computer now they assume I am blogging away.  They seem to forget that I spent hours on the computer before I discovered Blogger.  I must admit that now instead of doing the planning for next terms Science, Geography and History I am reading blogs but I am sure I will find the balance soon.  Isn't balance what life is all about?  I'd like to think I will get it right but just as I find a semblance of balance I introduce something new and it all falls apart, the balance bit that is. 

Oh well, I am also a firm believer that life is all about experiences so the adding new things dilemma is really just living.  That's my excuse and I am sticking to it. 

There is no writing blog today, except to say I continue to write each day.  My routine is a little out of whack because I have my son home bored; he did actually break his arm at the elbow on Saturday night.  He is in plaster from his shoulder to his wrist and because it is his right arm his choices of entertainment have suddenly become very limited.  Even reading is hard for him!

I am not used to having bored children around because I am proud to say I have managed to raise two kids who are very good at amusing themselves.  I have so far escaped, except on very rare occasions, the "I'm bored" cry, so I think I must have done something right in their upbringing.  Either that or they know that should they complain about boredom I will always find them some housework to do.

Anyhow, having just given myself a wrap for being a good parent I had better not be late to pick up my daughter from ballet so that is it for today.

No comments: